Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Does Social Media Help Solve Problems When Communicating With Businesses?

We have all had to deal with it. We want to make a complaint to a business or get an issue taken care of, but we don't have hours to sit and wait on hold for the supervisor. We don't have time to make the call, nor do we want to repeat our problem to customer service person after customer service person just to be told there is nothing they can do and that's that. How do we get them to be accountable? How do we get them to try to help solve our issue? How do we get them to at least follow their own policy.

I have dealt with it so many times. I need something taken care of, I need to return something, I need some form of paperwork sent to me, etc., and as soon as I hang up the phone after being promised everything will be taken care of, I am out of site and out of mind. It is so difficult to get anything done these days and this is coming from an overly positive person. I am frustrated and just want to be able to take care of issues. I know things aren't always perfect and sometimes things aren't going to go exactly how you planned them, but it has gotten to the point where we have just expected bad service. We have gotten to the point where ok is good enough.

At this time I am dealing with a certain department store where I buy our employee's uniforms. With every so much you spend you get so much in store credit. Recently, they have made a couple of pretty big mistakes regarding a significant amount of my store credit. I have now spent over three hours on the phone trying to get this resolved. I have spoken to countless so-called managers and received twice as many promises of this being solved, to no avail. It wasn't until reading out class assignment this week that I realized that I need to use Social Media to get my problem solved. I don't mean in a negative way at all. My plan is to email everyone I can that has anything to do with this certain department store and to leave reviews where they will be seen by this certain department store. I am not spending another second on the phone with them and can't wait to get my campaign started. I will keep you posted.


1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you! I've learned that it does help to have community support. I've also learned by experience, some employees do not do follow through. Often times, management the next rung up, never even hear problems or complaints. Sometimes you have to shake the tree. Business don't want bad reviews to be published.

    I commend you for going direct to the business first. I understand your frustration. Hey try the social media angle. It's classroom research!

    Mella

    ReplyDelete