Sunday, September 22, 2013

Two Websites That I Visit Daily

 

TMZ.COM

I visit this site multiple times a day. It is easy to use and updated frequently throughout the day. I really do love this website. The TMZ stands for three mile zone. Which is the perimeter around Hollywood. It was started by Harvey Levin, who was and still is the lawyer that gives his opinion at the end of every Peoples Court show. It was just a website at first, that only reported on famous people and what was going on in Hollywood. It is so much more than that now, with the website becoming as popular as it has, TMZ is now a television show, a webcast, and a Hollywood tour. What they have been able to do with the brand has been amazing. They often get news about stars before any other news outlet, sometimes being the only ones that actually get the story, but they have also began to run national news story and they have it out there as quick as the AP sometimes. In the beginning it was an extremely authentic website, being the only one that was able to represent the entertainment industry the way it has. It has been able to continue it's authenticity with it's move from the internet into television that includes live call ins from fans and stars during the broadcasts. It's a fast pace show with a "story's around the campfire" kind of feel. It has the latest gossip and their stories are often quoted by other influential media outlets. One of the reasons I think it has been able to do so well is their awesome app that they have released. If you are anywhere and see anything that they might be interested in, there is a choice on the app to let them know immediately what is happening.
The website site itself is a great design. It's a bright red background with a silhouette of the Los Angeles skyline. You are able to search past photos that they have posted, news involving sports stars, news involving celebrities, the TMZ merchandise store, Hollywood bus tour info, etc. There is not really anything I can think of that I would necessarily change, except maybe less ads, but I know if that happens they would probably have to sell subscriptions, so I can deal with the ads for now.
It is a great website. Every time I check it throughout the day, they have posted new story's, usually with some kind of funny info about the picture. They also often post video of their photographers interactions with celebrities, sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always entertaining.

Modcloth.com

Modcloth began when the owners boyfriend suggested she open a vintage store because she had collected so much vintage clothing. It was not long ago, the owners were in college at the time, and are now running Modcloth.com. They still have vintage pieces on the site that go up for sale daily, but it is mostly new up and coming designers that they carry. I love everything about this site and check for New Arrivals daily. They update the site constantly throughout the day and always have new and interesting items. It is a great site to use and so pretty. The site itself is bright and colorful, like the clothes that they sell. They have a tab that links you to their blog. They have a great Blog called "Story by Modcloth" that I read daily. It gives advice, showcases new designers, posts videos, and tons of other info. They let you know when an item in your favorites is on sale or when one is going to be sold out soon. They have grown tremendously since I first started ordering from them so it has been very exciting to watch it change for the better. They have been patient about their growth, always listening to their customers, sometimes changing the look of a dress because the "people" have spoken. When I'm on this website, I feel like I am contributing to the website, I feel like my posts are being noticed and my opinions matter. More than once I have received a reply to a statement I made in a review about a dress. They show they are listening and they show they are interested in what I think too, that it's not just about how much they can sell. The only thing that I would improve, I would love to filter my clothing or item search more than the choices we are given. I am literally on this site everyday and really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment