Sunday, December 1, 2013

Google Analytics Beneficial To Us

There is a lot of input on my Google Analytics page. The information available to us is truly incredible these days. In 1951 The Complete Encyclopedia of Baseball was published. Before this it was difficult for the average baseball fan to access baseball stats. Stats are as much a part of Baseball as Sunflower Seeds. Fast forward to the present and every player stat that you can possibly think of, the players private lives, even photos from their vacations away from baseball are available to the average fan with the click of the mouse. Analytics have gone from being something totally far fetched to being a part of our every day lives from our online shopping habits to what we purchase at our local grocery stores, analytics are here to stay.

My local grocery store is definitely keeping stats on me and I love it, because every two weeks, I get the exact coupons that I need for the stuff that I need to buy. I love that I can look up in Facebooks Admin page and check what type of posts are doing better, photo posts, link posts, or status posts. I will change it up to follow whats receiving the most engagement. Having this information available to us and utilizing it to its maximum is setting us up for success. Google Analytics does the same thing. Google makes it possible for us to follow the stats on multiple pages at once and is very easy to understand.

Google Analytics gives us a lot of information that can be truly beneficial to our business and beneficial to where we want to go with our Social Media Marketing. My favorite parts of Google Analytics, that I check frequently are our ratio of new visitors to returning visitors and the average visit duration. The latter I use to decide on new posts and what type of post is getting the customer to stay on the page. I had one day recently that had an average visit of over 20 minutes per visitor. I went back and checked to see what I posted that was so interesting. It turned out to be Electrical Tips, so since then I have posted Electrical Tips more often. The electrical safety tips get an average of about 300 views, which is incredible for a page that has only been up for a couple of months.

Like I said, I also really like the fact that it shows us if the views are from returning visitors or new visitors. The same goes for this stat. I will go back and see what it was that I posted that received so much attention and brought in so many new visitors, then try to replicate it. It really is amazing that Google makes this information available to us and lets us in on their key to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment