Thursday, October 17, 2013

Are The Visual Networks Right For Us And Our Brand

At the beginning of this class I had no idea how I was going to be able to market Cockrell Electric, Inc., on Facebook. It absolutely did not seem like it was a good fit. How can I market an Electrical Contractor on Facebook. I obviously had no idea what I was talking about. As we have gone through each week and each new assignment, Facebook just becomes more and more necessary for us in our marketing future. It is truly amazing how many people you can reach through just doing a little five dollar boost on one of your posts.
The best part of the whole thing is the Facebook Insights. They make you feel like you have been in the marketing field for the last twenty years and not just in your seventh week of the class. They make it so easy to know when and how to market to your own key demographic. It really shows you where not to waste money on advertising and where to put in the big bucks. After the beginning of this class and going through a week doing online marketing on Facebook, I now totally see what Facebook can do for us, especially what it has already done for us in just the short period of time that we have had a page up.
We are deciding on what Social Media platform for Cockrell Electric, Inc., to try out next. We know that we are not really a Pinterest kind of business, although, I know if I really tried, I would absolutely figure out a way to utilize it. Pinterest is another Social Media platform that gives businesses a way to market themselves to the niche demographic. I don't know exactly what we could be "pinning," other than photos of jobs. I am well aware that I also thought Facebook was a bad idea and it is now the number one Social Media platform. Due to our majority demographic, our customer makes about 250,000 to 10 million in income a year.
Instagram is another platform we could possibly utilize, since it is mostly pictures along with Tumblr. I know that right now I am not seeing how these two sites can help to market Cockrell Electric, Inc., and I'm not finding anything. On the other hand, You Tube would be perfect for Cockrell Electric, Inc. I already have ideas about short do it your self types of video. I will be starting an account with You Tube and we are will be filming various types of instructional video. I think the customers will love the You Tube videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment