Sunday, October 27, 2013

Who Should I Follow On Twitter

I decided to follow a wide range of people and companies on Twitter and go through and narrow them down later. I wanted to see if their posts would be beneficial and have something in common with our company. The tweets should be interesting and from people/companies that may want to follow us. They are mostly architects and general contractors that we are following.

When searching for these, I used the words general contractor, builder, construction, architect, custom builder, and custom remodel. When searching all of these terms and narrowing it down, I actually came across a couple of contractors that we are currently working with including Watkins Landmark Construction. There are so many different businesses to follow that would totally benefit our company, especially since Contractors tend to post when they win a contract for a job. This lets us know that they have a job that we could possibly bid to them, possibly getting us work.

I also followed real estate companies and anything to do with real estate. When searching for these businesses, I used the words real estate, realtor, realty, and brokers. I came across hundreds of choices when using all of these different descriptions to search, so I had to narrow it down by city. I used all of the same words to describe what I was looking for in my search, but I added Palm Springs as the city, then Los Angeles. I came across a few of our suppliers, including Walters Wholesale, when searching all the different terms. I was really pleased with all of my choices and all of the different businesses that Cockrell Electric is following. I will narrow it down after I get an idea of what all of them have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment