Sunday, October 20, 2013

How Are Similar Businesses Using Social Media

The first company I found that is similar to ours is Mr. Electric. They are an Electrical Service Franchise based out of Waco, Texas. We have been approached by them to buy into their franchise, but found that we are on the right path to maybe eventually franchise our own Electrical Service Business and did not want to tie ourselves down with Mr. Electric. Currently they are using Facebook and Twitter. It seems that they are using Twitter to mostly give shout outs, re tweets of anything to do with Electricity, tips and ideas. There are a few other types of tweets, but mostly it's just anything to do with Electricity. The Facebook page is the same, in fact it is really close to what I have been trying to do with our page. That makes me feel good about the way our Cockrell Electric Facebook page is going, seeing that Mr. Electrics is so much like what I am doing.
The next Electrical Service company that I found is System Electric. They are a local competitor of ours. Checking their website, I found that they are using Twitter and Facebook for their Social Media Marketing. The Facebook page has just a few posts and none of them really have anything to do with Electricity. The last two posts involved a camel and a monkey. When I clicked on their Twitter link it didn't go anywhere. This page is also making me feel good about how well our Cockrell Electric Facebook page is doing, seeing that System Electric only has 6 "Likes" and it has been up since January 2012. Cockrell Electric on the other hand has only been actively posting since October 8th 2013 and now has 194 "Likes."
I'm glad this was an assignment. I have been wondering how we are doing, compared to other businesses in the same industry as ours. I am proud of what I see and very excited about the future. I'm excited to find out what else I can do with Social Media Marketing and what it can do for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment