Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Categories for Growth

I have been really thinking about this and what I would be the best categories for a blog if I did one for our business. There really are so many ways you can go with this. You will always be adding new categories, some you may have never even thought of in the beginning. After reading some of the other blogs and seeing what kinds of ideas other people have I believe I have narrowed it down to what would be relevant to start out with.

In the three blogs that I commented on, two of them (Jeli Wilson and Cameron Sufficool) posted that they would use Events as a category. I think this is such a great idea and stated so in the comments of  their posts. By using Events as a category, they will always have a specific niche group that will follow them just for their Event updates and highlights. The more specific their Events are, I believe the bigger their following will be.

On Mella Websters blog she states that due to many businesses eliminating their advertising departments, she now has very diverse clientele and very diverse categories. I can see where the same would be for so many others in her same line of work and how she has suddenly become very in demand.

After reading the homework and talking to some people at work, I think I have pretty good idea of what type of categories I would have, or will have on the website eventually. Questions and Answers would be a category for sure, then a DIY Video category. We will have a category for Electrical Tips, that will lead to a category for specific Electrical tips, like Christmas light tips or landscaping light tips. There will be a category for present, past, and future jobs. There will also be a category for employment. I think that is a good start for now and would definitely bring in some followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment